Renovation of Residential
Quarters in Moscow
Application must be filled in Russian
On 25 th April 2017 the Architectural and Urban Planning Competition for pilot sites of housing stock renovation in Moscow was launched. The competition is held by the Committee for Architecture and Urban Planning of Moscow on the instructions of Mayor Sergey Sobyanin to select the best solutions for the 5 pilot sites in different districts of the capital.
Proposal submission process is over!
Submitted applications — 133 (291 companies)
- Individual — 63 application, 63 companies
- International — 43 applications, 148 companies
- Regional — 7 applications, 18 companies
- Moscow — 20 applications, 62 companies
After examination, 13 applications were disqualified because they did not meet the published Terms of the competition.
Accepted applications — 120 (277 companies)
- Individual — 51 applications, 51 companies (Moscow companies — 35; regional companies — 16)
- International — 43 applications, 148 companies in applications (Moscow companies — 55; regional companies — 29; international companies — 64)
- Regional — 7 applications, 18 companies in applications (regional companies — 15; Moscow companies — 3)
- Moscow — 19 applications, 60 companies in applications (Moscow companies)
- International — 64
- Regional — 60
- Moscow — 153
«We can see the widest geographical coverage by applications: consortia are represented by companies from Germany, the Netherlands, UK, Spain, Malaysia, Italy, Hungary, Serbia, France, USA, Japan, Georgia, Turkey, India, Cyprus, Finland, Ukraine, China and Switzerland: 19 participating countries. The large number of regional companies demonstrates the interest in the program throughout Russia,» said the Chief Architect of Moscow, Sergey Kuznetsov.
Representatives of authorities
1. Marat Khusnullin
Deputy Mayor of Moscow in the Government of Moscow for Urban Development and Construction
2. Sergey Kuznetsov
Chief Architect of Moscow, First Deputy Chairman of the Committee for Architecture and Urban Planning of Moscow
3. Sergey Lyovkin
Head of the Moscow Urban Planning Policy Department
4. Damir Gazizov
General Director of the state enterprise «Civil Construction Management» (KP UGS)
5. Gennadiy Belyaev
Head of the State Budgetary Institution of Moscow «Main Architectural and Planning Department of Moskomarkhitektura» (GBU GlavAPU)
6. Vladimir Denisov
Head of the State Autonomous Organization of Moscow «Moscow State Expertise»
Representatives of professional communities
7. Nikolay Shumakov
President of the Union of Architects of Russia and the Union of Moscow Architects, Chief Architect of Metrogiprotrans
8. Pyotr Kudriavtsev
Urbanist, Sociologist, Partner of Citymakers
9. Hans Stimmann
Architect, Architectural Criticist, Urbanist. Former Chief Architect of Berlin.
10. Philip Meuser
Architect, Publisher, Founder of DOM Publishers
11. Alexander Kuzmin
President of the Russian Academy of Architecture and Construction Sciences
12. Dmitriy Narinskiy
Head of Laboratory: Laboratory for Experimental Urban Design (Higher School of Economics)
13. Sergey Zuyev
President of the Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences (MSSES), Dean of the Institute of State Policy and Applied Liberal Arts Research of the Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administratio
Twenty finalists of the competition will develop the concept of five experimental renovation sites. The teams will work in the districts of Kuzminki, Golovinsky, Tsaritsyno, Prospect Vernadskogo and Khoroshevo-Mnevniki.
Презентация технического задания (pdf, 25 MB)
Lots 115,116, 121 of Kuzminki (South-Eastern Administrative District), total area — 109.6 ha, 86 buildings to be renovated.
- Spectrum Group, AREP GROUP
- OOO TPO Pride, Zaha Hadid Architects, ARTEZA, Transsolar, Tyrens, KPMG, KROST, Habidatum
- Project SPEECH, Non-Commercial Partnership “Research Institute of Transport and Road Facilities”, Ilya Mochalov and Partners, LLC
- OOO PIK-Proyekt
2. Golovinsky district
Lots 13,14,20, 123, 123А of Golovinsky district (Northern Administrative District), total area — 133.3 ha, 75 buildings to be renovated.
- MEGANOM, State Unitary Enterprise “Research and Project Institute of Moscow City Master Plan”, OOO “Khabidatum Lab”, Dvorulitsa
- Architectural bureau "Tsimailo Lyashenko & Partners", Michel Desvigne Paysagiste, Valode & Pistre Architectes, Non-Commercial Partnership “Research Institute of Transport and Road Facilities”, OOO LTS
- ASADOV architecture studio, OOO KIM-SH, Ilya Mochalov and Partners, LLC, PROSPECTA
- OOO “Architectural bureau of T. Bashkayev”
Lot 2А, 2Б of Tsarytsyno district (Southern Administrative District), total area — 106.4 ha, 70 buildings to be renovated.
- OOO “TPO Rezerv”
- Sergey Skuratov Architects
- Studio 44
- OOO Progress, Design Erick van Egeraat BV, Cushman & Wakefield
4. Prospect Vernadskogo
Lot 32-33, 34-35 of Prospect Vernadskogo (Western Administrative District), total area — 126.4 ha, 58 buildings to be renovated.
- Mosproyect, JSC, Ginzburg Architects
- Architectural Bureau “Ostozhenka”
- OOO Master’s Plan, Bofill Arquitectura, S.L.
- Art Group Kamen, «Steven Holl Architects», OOO «Tsentr gorodskikh innovatsiy i tekhnologiy», Mosproyekt-4
Lot 74, 77, 80, 81 of Khoroshevo-Mnevniki (North-Western Administrative District), total area — 125.9 ha, 78 buildings to be renovated.
- UNK project, Nikken Sekkei
- A-Proyekt.k, Carlo Ratti Associati, Alt Proyekt
- MLA+, Buromoscow, OOO Tridika, Mobility in Chain S.r.l., Felixx Landscape Architects & Planners, Habidatum
- AI-Architects, Yuri Sheredega, Alexander Weisfeld, Alexander Mozhaev, Stanislav Myagkov, Alexander Marulin
Презентация технического задания (pdf, 25 MB)
Publications on the topic