- Marat KhusnullinDeputy Mayor of Moscow for Urban-Planning Policy and Construction
- Sergei KuznetsovChief Architect of Moscow, Chairman of the Architectural Board of Moscow
- Alexander KibovskyMinister of the Moscow Government, Head of the Department of Cultural Heritage of Moscow
- Hans StimmannThe former chief architect of Berlin, a member of the Moscow Union of Architects
- Natalya SerguninaDeputy Mayor for Property and Land Relations
- Sergei KapkovMinister of the Moscow Government, Head of the Department of Culture of Moscow
- Alfonso VegaraFounder and president Fundacion Metropoli
- Bertrand LemoineHead of the “Greater Paris”
- Jordi Ludevid i AngladaPresident of the Supreme Council of boards of architects of Spain (СSAE)
- Kristin FeireissArchitecture critic and expert, founder of the independent architectural forum Aedes
- Ma Liang WeiVice President and President Town Planner of the Beijing Municipal Institute
- Martin Joseph BarryThe landscape architect specializing on city embankments, organizer of an Urban forum in Prague
- Oleg ShapiroCandidate of architecture, partner of the architectural bureau Wowhaus
- Anton KulbachevskyMinister of the Moscow Government, Head of the Department Russia for Environmental Management and Protection of Moscow
Since ancient times the Moscow river constitutes a functional and urban planning structure of the Moscow City.
The town’s development has always been closely linked to its location on the banks of the Moscow river, which is the most important transport artery. At all times the Moscow river has constantly retained its importance for the city a little bit transforming the priorities of both the functional use of the water and its environment.
Today it’s time to formulate the current priorities of the development of the adjacent territories, taking into account general trends in the urban development of the new urban structure and the current socio-economic reality.
Emerging trends in the role of coastal rivers and embankments in particular emphasized the relevance of the development of a common concept of the development of these territories.
The achieving a general concept of development in a coherent system of interrelated areas adjacent to the Moscow river, turning the river of “barrier” into a “link” in the city structure.
As a result of the transformation of urban planning should be the raising the quality of the urban environment, urban efficiency potential of the territories adjacent to the river.
By solving the following tasks:
— Reorganization of the embankments of the priority of formation of public spaces
— Ensuring permeability and improving links between adjacent areas and river
— Improving the quality and comfort of the urban environment, improving the appearance of the territories in order to improve the overall image of the city and making it more attractive for residents and tourists
— Improving the environment through the rehabilitation of the river and its valley complex
— Increasing of invest attractiveness of the territories by increasing the value of existing and proposed to place real estate.
The concept of urban development of the coastal territories of Moscow river should include:
— General concept of the development of the territory in the zone of influence of the river with the definition of priority areas for the development and restructuring of.
— Detailed conception of the priority areas including planning proposals (including urban planning, planning, transport, economic, landscape and other decisions), proposals on enchanting the effectiveness of the use of the territory , the definition phase in the implementation of the concept and expanded economic model
Reception of applications – 01.08.14 – 12.09.14
Selecting 6 teams who will take part in the stage 2 – 18.09.14 – 19.08.14
Participants’s work on Competitive offers – 22.09.14 — 03.12.14
Determination of the winner – 15.12.14 – 16.12.14
The competition is open to all professionals in in the field of urban planning , architecture which can bring specialists in the field of transport infrastructure, cultural programming, economics, sociology and ecology in the team.
On September 18, took place the jury meeting, during which were selected 6 finalists:
- Architectural Bureau “Ostozhenka”, Russia
- Maxwan Architects + Urbanists, Netherlands
- Turenscape, China
- Burgos & Garrido arquitectos, Spain
- SWA Group, USA
- Project Meganom, Russia
On December 11 at a press conference in the framework of Urbanforum—2014 has been declared the winner — Project Meganom.
Publications on the topic
Plataforma Arquitectura, 03.08.2016
West 8, 19.07.2016